The Narendra Modi Stadium is among one of the most popular premium stadiums in India. The stadium has seen many great matches played on its ground, known as the Motera Stadium. It is near the Sabarmati river banks under the Gujarat Cricket Association’s charge. Moreover, the Narendra Modi Stadium is also considered the largest cricket stadium in the world, giving it a great seating capacity to accommodate approximately 1.3 lakh cricket fans. It is popular among ODI World Cup betting enthusiasts.
The Motera Stadium was made in the previous century. It was reconstructed in 2015 under the leadership of Shri Narendra Modi, the present Prime Minister of India and the former President of the Gujarat Cricket Association. The reconstruction helped Motera become the only stadium in the world with the highest seating capacity. The redevelopment also included floodlights in the stadium, which made the entire atmosphere even better.
Overall, the Narendra Modi Stadium has a rich history and many interesting facts contributing to its popularity. Discover what makes Narendra Modi Stadium so special and all the games that will be played on this ground in the ICC World Cup.
Narendra Modi Stadium Facts
Narendra Modi Stadium has many interesting facts that give you a glimpse into its uniqueness and specialities. The facts that make Motera Stadium one of the prides of India have been given in the table below:
|Known As||Sardar Patel Stadium, Motera Stadium|
|Home Teams||Gujarat Titans, Gujarat|
|End Names||Reliance End, Adani Pavilion End|
History of Narendra Modi Stadium
Narendra Modi Stadium is a place full of history. It has existed for a long time, and many memorable moments in cricket occurred on the stadium’s grounds. The history of the stadium goes year after year and includes the following:
- First, between 1986-87, Sunil Gavaskar completed approximately 10,000 runs against Pakistan and transformed into test cricket’s highest run scorer.
- Kapil Dev had made his 432nd wicket in test cricket and exceeded the record of Sir Richard Hadlee in February 1994. That year, he became test cricket’s highest wicket-taker.
- In 1994, an outstanding bowling performance was given by Sagi Lakshmi Vekatapathy Raju, who took 11 wickets against Sri Lanka.
- AB de Villiers scored a double-century during the second test against India during South Africa’s India tour 2008.
- India had gained victory over Australia in the ICC World Cup 2011 quarterfinals, a considerable moment in Indian cricket history.
- Sachin Tendulkar scored 30,000 runs in the Narendra Modi Stadium in 2013 and became the first batsman in this position.
- Recently, in February 2020, the “Namaste Trump” was hosted in Narendra Modi Stadium for the inaugural visit of the US President, Mr. Donald Trump.
World Cup 2023 Matches in Narendra Modi Stadium
Discover all the stats of Narendra Modi Stadium regarding the World Cup 2023 matches that will be held on the stadium’s grounds this year. Go through the table below to explore the matches:
|14th October 2023||India vs. Pakistan||2 p.m.|
|4th November 2023||England vs. Australia||2 p.m.|
|10th November 2023||South Africa vs. Afghanistan||2 p.m.|
|19th November 2023||Final – TBC vs. TBC||2 p.m.|
Narendra Modi Stadium: Past Batting Records
Discover all the batting records in the Narendra Modi Stadium with the table below.
|Parameters||ODI Batting Records|
Narendra Modi Stadium: Past Bowling Records
Discover all the great bowling records made in Narendra Modi Stadium through the table below.
|Parameters||ODI Bowling Records|
Narendra Modi Stadium: Fielding Records
Fielding is a considerable part that is incredibly important in cricket. You can discover all about the fielding records in the stats of Narendra Modi Stadium through the table below.
|Parameters||ODI Fielding Records|
|Direct Throw (RO)||24|
Narendra Modi Stadium Pitch Report
Generally, the pitch of the Narendra Modi Stadium has assisted spin bowling, and the average scoring rate for that had been under 5 runs per over in previous ODIs. However, the Motera stadium is full of black and red soil, creating a mixture of benefits.
The red soil is helpful for both the bowlers and batters that offer to spin and bounce. The black soil does not offer much turn since it tends to stay low. But overall, Narendra Modi Stadium offers all batters and bowlers the same ground opportunities for their performance.
Unique Features of Narendra Modi Stadium
The Narendra Modi Stadium is one of the interesting pieces of architecture that have several unique features. Some of these features include the following:
- The stadium has four entry points and is spread across 63 acres.
- It has 4 team dressing rooms that have associated facilities.
- The stadium’s field size is 180 yards by 150 yards.
- The Motera Stadium also has an indoor cricket academy with a dormitory of approximately 40 athletes.
- There are also 3 outdoor practice fields and 6 indoor practice pitches.
- The stadium also boasts a capacity of 25 seats, each in approximately 76 corporate boxes.
The Narendra Modi Stadium is one of India’s best stadiums and will host many crucial events of the ICC World Cup 2023. It has remarkable facilities and has witnessed many extraordinary performances. However, the stats of Narendra Modi Stadium will help you decipher the ODI scores, runs, and other parameters to estimate how teams can perform on the stadium grounds during the recent tournament. And since the stadium also has a significant seating capacity, each new record made on its grounds will be witnessed by several spectators who will be rooting for their favourite team and players.