Crab meat, with its delicate flavor and tender texture, is a seafood lover’s dream. Crab meat can be your culinary savior when you’re looking for a delectable and easy-to-make weeknight dinner.
Whether you’re a seasoned chef or a beginner in the kitchen, these best crab meat recipes will elevate your weekday dining experience. From creamy crab and corn chowder to zesty crab cake burgers, here are the best crab meat dinner ideas.
3 Delicious Crab Meat Recipes For Dinner
Crab Cake Burgers
Crab cake burgers are a delicious seafood twist on traditional burgers. Instead of ground beef, crab cake burgers are made with crab meat formed into patties. Here are essential dinner recipes with crab meat :
For the crab cakes:
- 1 pound dungeness crab meat (fresh or canned)
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning (or more to taste)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cooking oil for frying
For assembling the burgers:
- Burger buns
- Lettuce leaves
- Sliced tomatoes
- Sliced red onions
- Tartar sauce or aioli
- Lemon wedges for garnish
- Combine the breadcrumbs, mayonnaise, beaten egg, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, green onions, red bell pepper, celery, Old Bay seasoning, salt, and pepper in a large mixing bowl. Mix everything until well combined.
- Gently fold in the lump crab meat, careful not to break up the crab chunks too much. You want the crab cakes to be lumpy and full of crab flavor.
- Divide the crab mixture into portions and shape them into crab cake patties.
- Heat a skillet or frying pan over medium-high heat and add cooking oil. Cook the crab cakes for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown and crispy.
- While the crab cakes are cooking, toast the burger buns in the oven or on a separate skillet.
- To assemble the crab cake burgers, spread tartar sauce or aioli on the bottom half of each bun. Place a lettuce leaf on top, followed by a crab cake patty. Add sliced tomatoes, red onions, and pickles as desired.
- Top the crab cakes with the other half of the bun and serve immediately with lemon wedges on the side for extra flavor.
2. Crab-Stuffed Lobster Tails
Crab-stuffed lobster tail is a luxurious and indulgent seafood dish that combines lobster’s sweet and tender meat with flavorful crab stuffing. It’s often served as an elegant and special occasion meal. Here’s a basic recipe to give you an idea of how to make crab-stuffed lobster tail:
- 2 large lobster tails
- 1 pound lump crab meat
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Lemon wedges for serving
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Combine the crabmeat, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, celery, parsley, lemon juice, Old Bay seasoning, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Mix gently to combine, being careful not to break up the crabmeat too much. Set the mixture aside.
- To prepare the lobster tails, use kitchen shears to cut through each lobster’s top shell carefully. Cut down the center of the shell, stopping just before the tail fan.
- Gently pry open the shell, exposing the lobster meat without detaching it from the tail.
- Lift the lobster meat out of the shell, resting it on top of the shell, and spread it open slightly. Divide the crab stuffing evenly among the lobster tails, placing it on top of the meat.
- Brush the top of the stuffed lobster tails with melted butter. You can also sprinkle a bit of paprika for color and flavor.
- Place the stuffed lobster tails on a baking sheet or dish. Bake in the preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes or until the lobster meat is opaque, the stuffing is heated, and the top is lightly browned.
- Remove the stuffed lobster tails from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes before serving. Serve your crab-stuffed lobster tails with additional melted butter or a lemon wedge for extra flavor.
3. Crab and Corn Chowder
Crab and Corn Chowder is a delicious and hearty soup typically made with a combination of crabmeat, sweet corn, potatoes, onions, celery, and various seasonings. It’s a popular dish along the coastlines of the United States. Here are healthy crab meat recipes:
- 1 pound jumbo lump crab meat (fresh or canned)
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 2 cups diced potatoes
- 1 cup diced onions
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups chicken or seafood broth
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning (adjust to taste)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh parsley or chives for garnish
- Optional: hot sauce or paprika
- In a large pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the diced onions, celery, red bell pepper, and garlic. Sauté for about 5-7 minutes until the vegetables are softened.
- Sprinkle the flour over the sautéed vegetables and stir well to combine. Cook for 2-3 minutes to create a roux (thickening agent).
- Gradually pour in the chicken or seafood broth, stirring constantly to prevent lumps from forming. Add the diced potatoes and corn kernels—season with Old Bay seasoning, salt, and black pepper.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer. Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes, until the potatoes are tender.
- Stir in the milk and heavy cream. Add the lump crabmeat and continue to simmer for 5-7 minutes until the crabmeat is heated through.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning, adding more Old Bay, salt, or pepper as needed. If you like it spicier, add a few dashes of hot sauce or a pinch of paprika.
- Remove the chowder from the heat. Ladle it into bowls and garnish with chopped fresh parsley or chives.
Crab meat is a versatile and delectable ingredient that can elevate your weeknight dinners to a new level. Whether you prefer the comfort of a creamy crab soup or the indulgence of a crab-stuffed lobster tail, there is a recipe with crab meat for dinner. Crab meat’s sweet and delicate flavor will satisfy your taste buds and impress your family and guests. You can order seafood online to elevate your seafood experience.