You are a newbie, and you want to start an e-commerce venture. However, you have no clue how to start or code a website and have limited resources as well. You wonder whether you can have a profitable online store. The answer is yes if you start with Shopify dropshipping. It is a dreamy solution for a starter like you. This article will provide you with a simple guide on how to add dropshipping products to Shopify. Stay tuned!
What is dropshipping?
Dropshipping is a business model in which you sell the products of a third party. In other words, you only need to create your store, and then, when receiving an order, you contact the supplier, and they will be in charge of manufacturing, preparing, and shipping the order to customers. This is the perfect way for a new entrepreneur to start a new business because of the low risk. You do not need a lot of money to produce and store the products.
The definition of dropshipping
Why should you use dropshipping products on Shopify?
Shopify is always a great e-commerce platform that allows you to run your online store. By using dropshipping products on Shopify, you can gain a lot of benefits:
- A little upfront investment: As mentioned in the previous part, you do not need to pay anything for manufacturing, warehousing, or other expensive logistics costs. To be simple, the budget you need to start with is only to build an online store.
- Simple to control selling system: If you know how to add dropshipping products to Shopify, it is easy for you to control the whole system. You’ll never have to worry about having too much inventory when you sell on Shopify because you’ll only order as many items as your customers call for. In a normal e-commerce business, you either make your products or buy them in bulk from a wholesaler.
- Dropshipping on Shopify is profitable: Generally, dropshipping stores on Shopify can bring you a huge amount of profit, which falls between $1000 and $5000 per month. The exact number will depend on a lot of factors, such as the price you set. The higher the price you set, the higher the margin profit you gain.
A comprehensive guide on how to add dropshipping products to Shopify
Now it’s time for you to start your dropshipping online store. However, if you have no idea how to add dropshipping products to Shopify, this section is for you. A full guide, step by step, will be presented below.
The procedure includes steps:
1. Decide your dropshipping product line
Before learning how to add dropshipping products to Shopify, you need to decide your product line first. To make the best decision, you should conduct comprehensive research on the consumer’s demand, preferences, and market trends. Moreover, analyzing competitors in the industry you choose is important as well. Make sure that your store has outstanding features that can attract customers and beat your competitors.
2. Choose reliable dropshipping suppliersThere are many dropshipping providers to pick from, but Shopify dropshipping apps are the best if you want the whole checkout process to be handled automatically.
When you drop-ship goods through Shopify, your third-party supplier gets information about your orders and marks them as complete. If they have one, they can also add a tracking number to the order and send it directly to your customer. Some popular options for you are Spocket, DSers, and Modalyst
- Spocket: It has dropshipping suppliers from the United States, Canada, Europe etc. Moreover, you can find AliExpress as well. It provides you with a free trial version or paid plans,s which are about $24.99 per month
- DSers: It syncs with AliExpress, which means you can find, import, and edit all the data of products from there. Its price is $19.99/month
- Modalyst: Its price is much higher than the previous two which is about $35/month. However, besides the same functions as DSers or Spocket, you can high-end brands from this app.
Decide dropshipping suppliers
3. Create a Shopify account
The next step in the guide to adding dropshipping products to Shopify is to create a Shopify account.
- Step 1: Access to Shopify’s homepage
- Step 2: Click on “Start a free trial” in the right corner
2 first steps to creating a Shopify account
- Step 3: A new page opens and it allows you to enter the email address, password, and store name
- Step 4: After filling in all necessary information, you click “Create your store” in the right bottom
Shopify will ask you some questions about your experience with e-commerce and others to personalize your store. After answering all of them, your Shopify account is ready for the next step. Make sure that you have already optimized all the settings of your Shopify stores such as payment information, store policies, and shipping rates, and choose the theme.
Shopify asks questions about your experience on e-commerce
4. Add dropshipping products to Shopify
The next step is to learn how to add dropshipping products to Shopify. After creating your store, you only need to import products through the Shopify dropshipping app or add them manually. If you use the Shopify dropshipping app, you only need to go to dropshipper’s website and then click on “Add to Shopify” with images and descriptions. After that, you can edit in your Shopify dashboard, which is so easy and convenient.
However, if you choose to add manually, here are the steps to add products to your Shopify store manually
- From your Shopify admin, go to Products > All products
- Click Add product
- Enter a title and description for your product.
- Add images of your product
- Enter the price and SKU of your product.
- Select the vendor and product type
- Add tags to your product
- Click Save product
5. Launch your online Shopify dropshipping store and Market it
When you know how to add dropshipping products to Shopify and have already done it, it’s time to publicize your Shopify Dropshipping Stores. Ensure that you offer good customer support so that they always feel happy when making a purchase. Please never forget to keep an eye on your Shopify performance so that you can add or eliminate products reasonably. You can check the Shopify dashboard to analyze the performance of your online store, such as conversion rate, sales revenue, average order, etc.
To let more people know about your store, you need an effective marketing strategy. You can use many tactics, such as using paid ads on Google, Facebook, and Instagram. You can also take advantage of email marketing to inform your potential customers of promotions and vouchers. An emerging method that you can also use is influencer marketing. Let’s choose some influencers whose styles match your store’s vibe and leverage them to promote your brand.
Dropshipping is a booming business model that every new entrepreneur wants to give a try because of its low risk. We hope that this article has helped you know how to add dropshipping products to Shopify. It’s the perfect time for you to start!
In case you need help with the Shopify store building, BSS Commerce Shopify with more than 10 years of experience, will help you fulfill all your needs.
More information about BSS Commerce Shopify:
– Headquarter: Viwaseen Tower, 48 To Huu St., Nam Tu Liem Dist., Hanoi, Vietnam
– HCMC: Lim Tower 3, 29A Nguyen Dinh Chieu St., District 1, HCMC, Vietnam
– Singapore: 16 Collyer Quay, #12-01 Income@Raffles, Singapore 049318
🌐 Website: https://bsscommerce.com/shopify
✉️ Email: [email protected]
📞 Phone: +84 983 513 599