The home team stated that Brentford vs. Burnley were a bit biased towards them, but recent results reflect the away team’s advantage.
Brentford vs. Burnley: This is not easy for homeowners.
The match between Brentford and Burnley was not easy for the home team. In fact, in the previous game, Brentford started very well as a guest of Manchester United. The bees even led. Mathias Jensen scored his first goal for the visiting team 45 minutes after the game began, and the score remained 1-0 until the 90th minute.
- However, during the 4-minute stoppage period from 90+3 minutes to 90+7 minutes, substitute Scott McCormine scored two consecutive goals, helping Manchester United successfully reverse with a 2-1 aggregate score.
- The recent poor results have led London to drop to 15th place in the standings, only 3 points behind the relegation group.
- After returning home after the national team’s game, Brentford will face Burnley in the 9th round of the 2023–24 Premier League. Although Brentford is expected to have some advantages as the home team, winning all three points is not easy for the bees.
- According to statistics, Brentford has never won the highest league championship in English football this season at the Gtech Stadium. Before Everton won 1-3, they drew against Tottenham, Crystal Palace, and Bournemouth. Meanwhile, at home, Brentford also allowed Arsenal to be eliminated from the League Cup 0-1 in the third round.
In 2023, all of Gtech’s matches witnessed Brentford’s goals, but this was not enough to earn them the highest points. Burnley also led Tottenham at home but ultimately lost 5-1.
In the past four rounds, Burnley has experienced three failures. After 8 rounds of competition, they only scored 4 points and are currently ranked 18th. However, the distance between Burnley and Luton’s safe location is only an additional number. Burnley’s defensive performance has been very poor this season. In the past eight rounds, he has conceded a total of 20 goals, with only Sheffield United (22 goals conceded) having a weaker defensive ability than them.
- This is a huge loss for Sean Dutch and his players. However, just five months later, Burnley had the opportunity to retaliate in the Gtech community. The final result was Brentford, who won 2-0. Ivan Tony’s double crown proves that he is the most dazzling star in this game.
- Overall, although Brentford is playing at home, he cannot defeat Burnley. Contrary to the initial assessment, in the past six games, Burnley has overwhelmingly lost one game and won five victories.
- Brentford defender Aaron Hickey was suspended this weekend after receiving his fifth Premier League yellow card. When Ricky Henry suffered a serious knee injury that affected his position as a full back, the situation became even more difficult.
Christopher Agger can be placed on the right wing of the defensive line, while Maz Roslev will play on the left wing. Forward Ivan Toni is still unable to play and is expected to return in January 2024.
Kevin Shad (groin injury), Josh da Silva (hamstring), Shandon Batiste (shoulder), and Mikel Damsgad (knee) are also not in the lineup, and the starting abilities of Ben Mi and Kean Lewis Potter have not been determined. Goalkeeper Mark Flecken has recovered and can replace Strakosha on the field.
On the Burnley side, Michael Obafemi is also recovering from hamstring surgery, while Hjalmar Ekdal (knee), Jordan Beyer (calf), Benson Manuel (ankle), Johann Berg Gudmundsson (knee), and Nathan Redmond (unclear) are still recovering from injuries.
Returning to the ninth round of this weekend’s game, Bournemouth Stadium will have a dramatic confrontation with Wolves. Although they had to play far from home, the Wolves did not feel any insecurity. With the improvement in form and the stability of the lineup, the Wolves believe that this is a smooth result.
However, the situation at Bournemouth is exactly the opposite. After three consecutive Premier League defeats, they fell into a crisis. At present, Bournemouth has fallen to the bottom of the table after eight games, with only three draws and five losses. This indicates that Bournemouth is not a reliable choice.
The home stadium of Bournemouth has not been a strong place for a long time, making it difficult to win points for opponents. Therefore, the meeting between Wolves and Bournemouth will bring many events and drama. All the pressure fell on the home team, while the Wolves were prepared to surprise and make an impressive comeback.
Analyze the scores of two teams.
Brentford has shown an unstable state, losing four games, and in the past five games, he has only achieved one draw in all competitions. More broadly, London’s Brentford team played a total of 10 games this season, only winning 1 game, drawing 5 games, and losing 4 games.
Compared to Brentford, Burnley only won one game against newly promoted opponents such as Luton, while the rest were draws and six defeats. Despite Brentford’s higher ranking, Burnley has won five out of the past six games. There is a complete possibility that this game will end in a draw.
There are not expected to be too many goals before this game. It is predicted that the recent matches between these two clubs will usually not exceed three goals. In the last eight games of Brentford and the last five games of Burnley, less than two goals were scored per game.