Today, to identify a user on the Internet, the method with confirmation of the phone number by receiving an SMS message with a special numeric or alphabetic code is often used. Without this you will not be able to use most social networks, messengers and applications.
In the 21st century, phone conversations are moving to the background and many issues are solved in correspondence. For example, it is much more convenient to communicate with relatives and friends via video call or social networks, and to communicate with colleagues at work via messenger. But even so, it is impossible to give up SIM-card completely, because without a phone number you will not be able to register in messengers and social networks. Strangely, but long forgotten by users and developers Skype allowed users and developers to register an account using e-mail, the phone number was required only as an additional measure of protection. But all modern messengers such as WhatsApp or Telegram obligatorily require you to confirm your phone number when registering.
As you can see, in the short term there is no chance to give up your own phone number and make full use of all the available benefits of civilization, but you can replace it with a virtual one.
What is a Virtual Phone Number?
A virtual phone number is a phone number that is not connected to your physical equipment, but exists only virtually. Such phone numbers can be used to receive SMS, which are required to register on various websites and applications.
Thanks to its flexible customization, this solution is ideal for replacing a physical SIM card and will help you keep your personal data secret from third parties. This will allow you to increase your online security as well as remain incognito.
Buy a Virtual Phone Number or use a Physical SIM?
Here everyone decides for himself, but we can cite a set of advantages that you can get using virtual phone numbers:
- You are not tied to a region or even a country. Wherever the user is, he can phone number of any country or region. You don’t need to go to another country and buy a local SIM card, you can do it online.
- No contracts. When getting a regular SIM card, the customer needs to sign a service agreement. There is no need to sign anything to register a virtual number. The service is available at any time, but if necessary, the client can stop using it.
- Everything is set up quickly and without going to the operator’s office. To get a regular SIM-card or eSIM you will have to visit the nearest representative office of the operator or send copies of documents via courier. In case of virtual telephony you can really get a phone number without leaving home and start using it.
- Spam protection. You can use virtual numbers for registration on sites where a large number of unwanted SMS is expected. Thus, your main phone number will remain protected from spammers.
- They allow you to remain anonymous when registering on web services or applications. Your personal details are not disclosed.
Overall, using virtual numbers to receive SMS is a convenient and secure way to identify yourself in the online world, ensuring anonymity and protection of your personal data. They offer convenience and flexibility in use, allowing you to avoid spam and unwanted messages on your main number.