Chennai offers so many ways to explore and understand the unique South Indian culture. Be it the many music festivals, ancient temples, or perhaps the colonial-era buildings or the palaces of yore, there is something to explore at every point in this lovely place.
The Best Places to Eat in Chennai
There are many old and well-known restaurants, eateries, and food joints in Chennai where you can enjoy typical, spicy South Indian dishes, both vegetarian and non-vegetarian. Through a Dubai to Chennai flight, you will arrive in this city for a vacation where you can indulge in so many astronomical delights. Here is a look at the key spots that you should be visiting:
- If you want to taste seafood specialities from various parts of south India, opt for Dakshin in Crowne Plaza, which is known for its delicious seafood delights served in the traditional south Indian style.
- There are many places in the city where you can enjoy the typical, traditional South Indian food of Hotel Saravana Bhavan, known for its delicious dishes with a spicy taste.
- Those who love North Indian food will find the Peshawari restaurant to be just what they want, and it is located right in the heart of the city. Take in the delights of Chapati, Naan, Mughlai dishes, rice varieties, etc.
- in need of homely, traditional vadas, soft idlis, and dosas. Look into the famous Rayar’s Mess. Its traditional restaurant has been around for decades and is the spot for a quick breakfast or lunch that is filling but low-cost.
- Another place where you can enjoy local South Indian delicacies is the age-old Ratna café, known for its authentic South Indian cuisine. Sambhar, Dosa, and many such dishes are offered here at the best price.
- Madras Pavilion offers typical South Indian cuisine where you can relish many different dishes, and it is the perfect space for celebrations and special events. Its menu options include buffet, vegan, and halal.
- When in need of international cuisine, opt for the Chamier. It’s a place known for its many global dishes and, of course, salads. Its cafe is perfect for spending time with different coffee varieties with friends.
- When you want to enjoy Jain food, there is no better place than Annalakshmi restaurant for this. Tasty, savoury Jain food is served in the most interesting ways! You can also find its menu to have typical Tami Nadu dishes too.
- One place that is known for delivering delicious breakfast and Tiffin items is the Murugan Idli Shop. Such a huge variety of Idlis, Dosas, and Chutneys, not to mention the spicy Sambar!
- If you want to enjoy delicious continental food but are vegetarian, step into the delightful Eden. It is a lovely place, standing still for the past 25 years and offering a delicious menu of pulav rice varieties, pizzas, desserts, and breads.
- One of the oldest restaurants in Chennai that’s a must-visit for those who love South Indian traditional foods is the Krishna restaurant. It’s part of the Udipi Restaurant Chain and is known for offering lovely filter coffee and South Indian thali.
- Those who love Kerala cuisine must certainly stop over at Ente Kerala. Here you can enjoy the most delicious coconut-based Kerala dishes, like appam, erriserri, olan, etc., served in the traditional Kerala style and in the Kerala ambience.
- None can help but help themselves to another serving of spicy Chettinad cuisine. Visit the Karaikudi restaurant, where you can explore its best dishes to the fullest extent, both vegetarian and non-vegetarian.
Chennai’s food delicacies are full of unique spice mixes, and it will take time to learn and explore them. It is only through regular intake of such foods that you can understand the complex spices that go into preparing dishes here.
Take a Dubai to Chennai flight for a delightful tour across the many important restaurants and eateries where you can indulge in delicious food, beverages, and much more. You will find lentil food, rice batter mixes, and indulgent fried foods to offer unique flavours that bring out a totally different facet of cuisine than what is experienced elsewhere in the world.